Monday, January 4, 2010

The New Year....less than impressive

I know, I know. I said this blog was going to be impressive for the new year, but alas, anyone who knows me knows that I am the Queen of Procrastination (and Carbohydrates) and I never do anything on time (or low calorie). That really wasn't the problem with not being impressive for the new year though. I'm going to blame it on the kids, just toss them under the bus. Danniele and Jeremy were sick with head colds last week and though I didn't kiss on them like I did their babies, I still sucked in their pathogens floating throught the atmosphere and succumbed to the illness. My head weighs approximately 1,000 pounds and my nose is dripping like a leaky faucet and I am a much bigger airhead than usual. As I was driving along on the way to work this morning, I thought, "Huh. I don't remember ever noticing that building before". Ten minutes later.....well, Dingbat, that would be because you drove right past your exit and you've never seen that building before having never been this far down this road.
Don't worry, I did get closer to becoming impressive. I'm sure it will happen soon. Wait with bated breath....but don't hold your breath. I don't want anyone to die due to my penchant for procrastination or low motivation levels. It's much more exciting this way. Remember that old song "Anticipation"? They used it for a ketchup commercial. That's what's happening here. You never know when something exciting might happen. Even though day after day you look and see nothing impressive or even moderately interesting, you can't stop yourself from looking just in case some day impressiveness will appear.

1 comment:

  1. oh i used to love that ketchup song..anticipation..anticipaaaaaytion..

    ReplyDelete