Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To blog or not to blog, that is the question...

OK, so I'm not real clear on how the whole blogging thing works, but I think I'm going to try it anyway. I have to do something to improve my attitude and writing is therapeutic for me. Writing also makes me think. I have to think things through and focus on what I think and feel and know or don't know in order to transfer it to the page. If I don't write, I often either don't think and escape into the worlds created by other people's writing or I do think, but I think about five billion things all at once, everything from the cure to cancer to 1980's Duran Duran song lyrics, all jumbled together, bouncing from thought to thought so sporadically that no one thought is ever complete.
There are several blogs that I follow, some have great and noble purposes, some offer love and support for people who are suffering, some espouse causes or promote political agendas, some debate weighty issues of international import, some are gathering places and resources for hobbies or common interests, some are marketing tools for entrepenuers, and so on and so forth. This isn't any of those things. This is just stuff. Whatever stuff comes to mind. Let me just warn you now, my mind is a messy, disorganized, emotional, chaotic place. There is just no telling what might fly out of it. Continue your association with this project at your own risk. If you are looking for something important, earth shattering, radical, or highly intellectually stimulating, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for something totally random and probably completely inconsequential or often nonsensical, stick around and see what shows up.
I will attempt to address serious topics in my quest for spiritual growth, given that as I mentioned, writing forces focus and I need forced focus in order to slog through the morass that is my mind to reach any understanding. However, if you know me, you know that I am a huge fan of what they call in the South, rabbit trails. I can start out addressing a serious topic of spiritual import, but invariably, I'll shoot off down some seemingly completely unrelated rabbit trail, which will lead to another and another and another and they will all crisscross each other, until ten pages later, you'll morph into my husband and find yourself screaming, "What is the point, just get to the point already! I have no idea what you are talking about or more importantly why!" The great thing about blogging is that you can just click the little X in the corner instead of laboring on until you reach the "screaming in frustration point", yet I will have gotten it all out of my system, assumed you read it all and cared what it said, and moved on to enjoy a carefree existence. This is going to work out perfectly. I can hardly wait.
Tomorrow I will explain the chosen title of this blog. Assuming, of course, that any of you need an explanation. Again, if you don't, just click the little X.
I believe the answer is to blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment